For the past two years in a row, Conde Nast Traveler magazine has ranked Victoria one of the top two “Best Cities in the Americas,” ahead of Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Oaxaca, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro. But unlike all these other cities, Victoria alone hasn't had its own city magazine.
That is, until now.
A dedicated group of local writers, photographers, editors, layout artists and sales people who love Victoria is launching Victoria Magazine - a brand-new, world-class publication for residents as well as tourists, young and old alike.
Potential advertisers in Victoria are already inundated with solicitations for several quality local publications. But we're offering something different: A sophisticated, four-colour, high-gloss, general interest city magazine that will showcase the best that Victoria has to offer - from its incomparable coastal beauty, timeless elegance and cutting-edge architecture to its dynamic community of uniquely energetic and gifted people. More than just about any city in the world, Victoria has it all - stunning natural scenery, cultural sophistication, great schools and a newly thriving business community. But a world-class city deserves, and needs, a world-class magazine.
To earn your business, we must deliver a superior advertising vehicle that better meets your needs and helps you market your products or services in the most effective way possible. As a start, here is how advertising in Victoria Magazine will benefit your business:
1. YOU'LL REACH 45,000 UPPER-INCOME HOUSEHOLDS DIRECTLY - GUARANTEED: Unlike many local publications that are distributed in free giveaway boxes, Victoria Magazine guarantees delivery to a specific number of Victoria households, in the mail box. Our plan is to eventually mail to every household in the CRD.
2. YOU WON'T MISS THE THOUSANDS OF AFFLUENT FAMILIES IN THE WESTERN SUBURBS: Another problem with drop boxes is that they often miss the affluent households outside the city's core. Yet the new communities on the West Shore and around Langford are some of the biggest markets for Victoria's businesses, schools and organizations.
3. YOU'LL REACH MANY OF THE 3.6 MILLION TOURISTS WHO VISIT VICTORIA EVERY YEAR: In addition to mailing Victoria Magazine to upper-income residents, the magazine will also be sold on newsstands and distributed to select hotels throughout the Saanich Peninsula. Residents know about their local publications, but tourists will reach for the glossy Victoria Magazine when they are searching for restaurant listings and local Victoria businesses. Many will subscribe to stay in contact with their favourite holiday destination.
4. YOU'LL BE PART OF A “WHO'S WHO” OF VICTORIA'S TOP BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS. We want to make Victoria Magazine one of the premier city magazines in Canada, a worthy showcase for the country's most beautiful community. We plan on highlighting what residents and tourists love about the city and surrounding region - and by advertising in Victoria Magazine, you can be part of a virtual “Who's Who" of Victoria's top businesses and organizations.
In the pages of Victoria Magazine, you'll see such articles as:
Victoria deserves a glossy, general interest city magazine - and we're asking for your support. We believe this will be good for the city and good for your business or organization. Please pick up the phone, right this minute, and call Lorraine Browne at 888-2988 to reserve a space. You can also tell us what you'd like to see in Victoria Magazine... and how we could better serve your business.
- The New Downtown: The Downtown Victoria Business Association and the Revitalization of Victoria's Inner Core....
- The History of Downtown Victoria... and Who's Who Downtown...
- Victoria Style, a Round-Up of Spring Fashions...
- Extreme Sports on the Saanich Peninsula: Where to learn skydiving, parasailing, bungee jumping, and other high-adventure sports...
- The South Island's New Music Scene: The hottest new nightclubs... the best bands... the best food and the best drinks...
- Island Spas: Mini-Vacations Without Leaving Town
- TV Acting Classes for Kids - and why Victoria is fast becoming one of the best places to shoot a TV series or commercial...
- PLUS: Restaurant and (local) book reviews... an insider's look at the Victoria Symphony... a complete calendar of events... Q&As with local celebrities... regular columns… and lots more.